Bonsoir! I’m back again to talk about my wash day routine since I’m about to do it soon. I usually wash my hair every other week maybe because my hair doesn’t buildup too much and I found when I use to wash it every week it left my hair feeling dry. Some people choose to wash their hair once a month and some choose to do it the way I do, it all depends on your hair and what works for you. Routine down below.
- I pre-poo my hair by applying coconut oil all over my hair because it helps me to detangle my hair easier as it makes my hair softer
- I section my hair and apply a hot oil treatment to it and sit under a cap for about 15-20 minutes
- I wash out the pre-poo and wash my hair like usual with shampoo
- Once I am done instead of conditioning regularly I deep condition my hair because it leaves my hair feeling soft
- After I have applied the deep conditioner to my hair I cover it with a shower cap before sitting under a heating for another 15-20 minutes
- Next I rinse out the deep conditioner and apply aloe vera juice to my hair because it helps to close the hair cuticles
- Once that is done I apply my leave-in conditioner and go on to styling my hair
Side note: Pre-poo is exactly what it means, washing your hair with a mixture before shampooing. I recommend doing this every wash day because it leaves your hair feeling soft and healthy. I hope this post helped you all.
- All Natural Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil heated up for the hot oil treatment
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Aunt Jackie’s Oh So Clean! Moisturizing & Softening Shampoo
- Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate Shea Butter Hair Mask